Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Churn Dash and Stars


 Image result for flourish



I have tried every year to pick One Word which will be a goal for me throughout the year. Someone on Twitter wished on New Year's Day that this is the year that you Flourish. I realized that that is what I wanted for myself this year, and that is the word I chose.







Part of my flourishing was spending a whole weekend cleaning up my quilting room. Fabric needed to be put away and more space needed to be created. After accomplishing that, one of my goals was to get some of my long standing projects done. Right now, I am working on 2 1/2 inch squares for a border on my daughter's quilt and for a rainbow Irish Chain quilt. I wanted to have another quilt to work on so the squares would be leaders and enders.








When cleaning up,  I realized that my Churn Dash and Stars quilt was taking up a lot of space and it would be a good one to get finished. It was my project to work on when I needed a break from something else and since it was for me it did not have a timeline. Now, the timeline will be to get it done this year. Here's hoping to flourish this year.


4 comments:

Suze said...

Beautiful quilt.

Lin said...

What a beautiful design - it is going to be a gorgeous quilt. xx

Preeti said...

If the current quilt in progress is any indication, I'd say that you are flourishing :-) Love the illusion of circles and the dark pink fabrics really brighten the design.

chrisknits said...

Oh my! That churn dash is going to be gorgeous!!