Pages

Friday, January 4, 2019

Anniversary Stars




My Anniversary Stars quilt is done for my parents. It is a queen size quilt for their bed. I went on another quilting retreat in November, and got the blocks all sewn together. Then I got the borders on, had it quilted and then December was putting on the binding and getting it sewn for Christmas. Their 50th anniversary was last year. I had all the fabric at the time but could not decide what to make until I saw an amazing quilt that Joanne of Canuck Quilter Designs had made from her Jelly Bean Stars pattern for her in-laws 50th anniversary. I started this at the end of July. It is the largest quilt I have ever made. I did not find it much different than a smaller quilt, though I did find it cumbersome at times when I was sewing it all together. My parents were very pleased with it. I tried to convince my husband to change our bedroom colours since I liked this quilt so much. It feels great to have it done. I have half done quilts for both of my children's beds and I think this year will be the year I get them done.

Linking to TGIFF

4 comments:

Louise said...

Oh, it's gorgeous! Congratulations on a beautiful finish. I'm sure your parents will adore it :)

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Congratulations on your finish. It looks great. Thanks for linking up with Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.

Snowcatcher said...

My parents celebrated their 50th last year, too, but I didn't make them something this stunning! What a wonderful gift!

Nancy said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I love the variety of reds and pinks you used and I especially like the way you made the side setting triangles. Wonderful quilt!