Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Unblocking of Perfection

Spools


It is fun to have time to relax and do some quilting, though trying to obtain the perfect 1/4 inch and seams matching can sometimes be frustrating. Last week I finally took my spool quilt in to be quilted. I had agonized over the border for so long, but when I looked at the pattern the border was similar and I loved that quilt enough to make it. I was watching a show and one of the people on it said that writer's block was caused by trying to be perfect and you are never going to be perfect so just keep on writing. I realized that the same thing could be said about quilting, so I got my Spools quilt out, made the backing and sent it off.


 Cactus Wreath Log Cabin




I participated in the Friday Night Sew In. I worked on some binding, my red work and some of my Log Cabin blocks for my Catcus Wreath quilt.

2 comments:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Oh - I just love the spools quilt. One of these days... : )

Ginette said...

Love those spools! I'm sure they'll be even more fabulous after they are quilted.