Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Knitting, Redwork, Quilting




I finally got my sock done, so I decided to give myself a break and work on something else. I cleaned up my quilt room this past week and found some great projects.



I bought a table topper kit last summer, for my dining room. Now that my dining room is done, I can start working on it. I found it harder to trace some of the intricate red work patterns so I bought some Transfer Eze with my Christmas quilting gift certificate. It is my first time using it and so far I am very impressed.





I also finally got back to my Twister quilt. I put on the borders yesterday and started to cut. I always find it difficult to cut a block once it's made. It seems weird to have a completed quilt top in front of me and than cut it up again.




Last summer at the same place where I got my table topper kit I also bought some minkee fabric to use as a backing for this quilt. My daughter has been hinting that it is time for me to get it done, so I promised to start working on it again.

Check out what others are making at WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network and WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've got a lot going on! And they are all such lovely projects, too. I find that I am very intrigued by redwork. I recently saw a gorgeous redwork quilt in an antique mall. I may have to try my hand at it someday.

-Bobbi