Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

I'm an Aunt!

I'm an aunt! I found out that my sister-in-law had a baby girl this morning! On that side of the family it is the first girl. I had been contemplating in October when I found out she was pregnant what kind of quilt to make. My sil decided not to know what she was having so I decided to wait until the birth. While, it was a hard decision to make,  I have had this baby quilt in my closet for almost 2 years, and I decided it would be what I would give my niece.



Unwind


It was tempting to start a new quilt but I think this one is beautiful and deserves a good home. It is the Unwind pattern by Jaybird Quilts. I can't wait to have it quilted and to see my new niece. Being an aunt is the best!

10 comments:

Terry said...

Congratulations! And how perfect that you had a girlie quilt all ready! :0)

mascanlon said...

Congratulations. Such a happy quilt they will love it!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Awwww, Auntie Michelle, congratulations! I think that top will make a gorgeous baby quilt!

Mina said...

Congratulations :) Beautiful, happy fabrics

Ariane said...

Congratulations!!! This quilt is gorgeous and will make a wonderful gift!!

Unknown said...

This'll be just the thing for a new little niece Michelle. Congratulations to you and your family!

erica said...

Congratulations!

Barb said...

Congrats!!!!!

Love the quilt!

Angela Nash said...

Congratulations! I'm sure that will be the perfect home for your pretty, girly quilt.

CitricSugar said...

Congratulations!! That's so wonderful!