Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday Night Sew-In





My Friday Night Sew-In became a knit in, and then a very early Saturday sew-in. I had some shows to catch up in, so I turned my heal last night. I am not sure how well it will turn out since the pattern I am using explained how many extra stitches to put on your needle at the beginning if you needed the sock a bigger size, but did not have any sizing throughout the pattern. I am ready now to start on the gusset. I love learning new words. Today I got my sashing finished for my Christmas Rose. I find sashing to be tedious and boring. I have a couple of quilts I am working that will be using sashing, so my plan is to grin and bear it.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the yarn! I don't know how to knit, but knit is so pretty. =)

CitricSugar said...

Those will be cute socks! What I've found is that the pattern itself usually works out right if there is no fixing beyond the cast-on. It should go fine... The heels are probably my favourite part because they seem to go fast and and it feels like progress!

Hazel said...

I'm sitting here trying to learn how to make socks myself .I'm a visual learner so I bought myself a book today ,is the heel as hard as it seems ??

Janet said...

Variegated yarn is so fun...lovely colours!

Barb said...

Love the threaDS....

Quilt Doodle Designs said...

I love the yarn, it's knitting up so nicely! What a fun pair of socks those will be!

tink's mom said...

Congrats on turning your first heel. Isn't it a great feeling. I haven't done socks in over a year but a couple of weeks ago i picked it up again. I got just as big a jolt turning this heel as the first. It just amazes me every time. After making my first pair on dlb points I found a pattern using a circular. I do find it much easier to handle.

Myra said...

Looking good so far! Love the yarn!