Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

KISS

I am changing this acronym to Keep it Simple, Sewer. I have been driving myself crazy for a long time now. I am scared to say how long. At some point, alright a year ago I saw Amanda Jean's Christmas charm quilt and fell in love with it. I loved the look of the simple square quilt. I ended up buying myself 5 charm packs of Fresh by Deb Strain. I love tulips and all the fabrics are so bright and cheerful. The intention was to make myself a charm square quilt. I think there is a saying for intentions too, isn't there! ;-)





Well instead of making the quilt, I ended up playing around with them. Somehow I gave myself the impression that squares were too simple, that I needed to stretch my wings. I played around with all different ideas and concepts. I thought about pinwheels and so many other possibilities. I even thought of new ones when I attended a quilt show last weekend.

Finally yesterday I decided that it was time to go back to my 1st decision and make the charm square quilt. After I made the decision I decided to read a few blogs and Ashley from Film in the Fridge had just blogged about charm square quilts. It is was Em calls a Godwink. I sat at my sewing machine, and sewed through my first charm pack while watching Lost. I am so happy with it. I should have done it a long time ago.





So far this summer I have not worked on anything I thought I would. I am still in my PHD phase. I have some cute blocks to show you tomorrow.

10 comments:

Terry said...

Sometimes simple really is the best way to go! :0)

Peggy said...

That is simply charming - pun intended!

Lee D said...

I know I catch myself overthinking projects. Simple can be just as beautiful. I too love the tulips

allsewnup said...

It's nice to see you went back to your original plan. I"m looking forward to seeing the end result. I love tulips too. I must find this fabric!

Carolyn

Nanette Merrill said...

I like it goo. Squares always make me happy.

sewfunquilts said...

The fabrics are so outstanding! I love the idea of just letting them shine in the square layout. Great thinking!

Michelle said...

I love KISS! And I love patterns that have big blocks of material where you can see the fabric.

It's looking good!

Barb said...

Those fabrics are just sooooo fun...and the way you are making it, it will showcase all those fun fabrics.

Darlene said...

This type of simple quilt is perfect for the times you just want to sew - just mindlessly putting the charming under your needle.

And, there's nothing like a simple quilt. :-)

Darlene said...

BTW, I really like KISS (Keep it Simple Sewer) - perfect!