Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mini Shop Hop

My husband and I went away for the weekend a couple of weeks ago. Luckily for me, we have been together long enough for him to know that will include me checking out the quilting stores in the area. I have been quilting ever since we have been together. We lived apart for a while, and when I went to visit him he would take me to the quilting stores in his area. I found 3 that were nearby and we visited all 3.








I think I am going to use these fq's to make placemats. The fat eights are for a quilt I have been collecting fabric for, for a long time.









At the next store, I found this incredible sun and watermelon fabric. I was unhappy with my pinwheel quilt and this fabric will make a great border for it. I also bought some Christmas fabric, because I may have forgot to mention (okay I did it on purpose) that I joined the Christmas block swap twice. To make a long story shorter, I had switched groups so that I could make Christmas presents. Then when I checked out the swap a week later, I noticed there was only one spot remaining and it was in my former group, and Christmas trees were available, and that was what I had originally planned on doing. So, I signed up again, plus between the 2 groups I will be getting 18 different designs!









At the last store, I found a cute aqua fabric. I have not started to put together my red/aqua swap but I thought it would come in handy if I need a few extra blocks. I also bought some straw needles. I had heard good things about them for binding and I must admit they worked well. The end did seem sharper then other needles and I did get a sore on my finger. I may have to try a thimble next time. I also got this fabric which I just love and have no idea how I am going to use it.



3 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Does he sit in the car like my hubby and read? i love what you picked up!!

Ariane said...

I love your fabrics. They look great. Glad you were able to spend time away with your hubby. Its always nice to take time out together.

Darlene said...

Isn't it wonderful to be married to a man who is so supportive? My hubby comes in with me, visits with the ladies and looks around, too. Wonderful purchases.