Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friendship Bag Swap


Lots being happening this week. I just have not had the time to write about it. I received my friendship bag this week from Erika of the Netherlands. The bag is so sweet and in one of my favourite colours. She also sent me a few other goodies as well. The waffle cookies are very good, the shoes adorable and I love the fat quarter. I know it will be one that I won't want to cut into. I love to the wrapping paper she used. It looks like a quilt itself, with small stitching lines.

I received my Halloween blocks as well. They are incredible. I am swapping one more set then I can start thinking about putting it together.

September has been a busy time with start of the school and swaps to finish up. I have finally gotten back to finishing my Bento Box quilt. I took the day off yesterday to get back to it. I have started sewing the blocks together. It is frustrating when the quick patterns are quick only if you have time to be quick. Sometimes I feel as though my quilts drag on and on, but I have to remind myself to be grateful for the time I do have to work on them.

Last night, I went to a lecture by Jodi Barrows who has the sqaure in a square system. I had taken the class through someone else years ago, and it was neat to see Jodi talk about it. She also now has novels, pattern books to go with those novels and fabric as well. Of course, the lecture gave me more new ideas but I have to reign myself in until I get a few things finished first.



I hope you are all having a relaxing and productive weekend.

3 comments:

Lee D said...

oh aren't you lucky. I love those Stroop wafels always a favourite in this house. I have the shoes too. I would love some of the fabric to make something to remember our years in the Netherlands. Time to start running the kids around to their activities..no rest for me. I have got some sewing in these days...4 fall table runners!

Ariane said...

What a cute little bag. You are lucky you got to go last night. I worked yesterday and have been fighting a bad cold. I would have loved to go...but it just didn't work out. I can't wait to see your work. I haven't really been motivated the last few days. I think it's just the cold. I hope to get back into my sewing groove soon.

Myra said...

What a great gift! A taste of Holland... very familiar to me! 8-)