Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Quilt Show Stash



Here are the items I bought at the quilt show on Saturday. I used my winnings from the 50/50 draw at my guild to buy the King Tut thread. I love variegated thread and the pencil was a good bargain. I bought the layer cake to go with my Mountain Mystery quilt. I am trying to make it as scrappy as possible. I normally don't buy panels but I really liked it. I like the quilts that use a panel and then put squares around it. I think I am going to do that with this panel and then practice my quilting. Hand or machine, I am not sure. I definitely need practice with both. I also cheated a bit and bought a charm pack as well as a couple of fqs for my 9 patch quilt along. The quilt will be for my daughter and most of my children fabric is bright and bold. I wanted to add some softer touches to it as well. AmandaJean posted today asking how people were doing on the quilt a long. I am a 1 1/2 weeks behind so I hoping to take this long weekend to catch up.

1 comment:

Myra said...

A great buy of goodies! Good for you! 8-)