Pages

Friday, January 8, 2021

Pinwheels and Rails

 



 

I am so thrilled that the Pinwheels and Rails quilt is finished.  It is a bed size quilt for my daughter. She looked at some patterns and then designed this quilt. She decided to have the border of the pinwheels go the opposite way of the rail fences so that it mimicked a rail fence quilt which I really liked. She made the decisions on all of the borders. The outer border fabric was bought at our quilt guild. Someone was selling off metres of fabric and my daughter picked it out a few years ago. I was having a tough time deciding on the fabric for the last border and then she remembered this fabric and it fit perfectly. Our cats really like this quilt and have claimed it as theirs which my daughter does not mind since they share it with her!


Linking to Can I Get A Whoop, Whoop.

3 comments:

Cheryll said...

OOOhhh I like that design... congrats on a beautiful finish...xox

Sharon Kwilter said...

Such a pretty, bright quilt. Congratulations to you and your daughter for such a wonderful finish.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

So so pretty! Love the colors and the design! Your daughter (and cats, lol) will get a lot of enjoyment from it! xx