Pages

Friday, March 27, 2020

Nancy Drew - Get A Clue





Hurray! My Nancy Drew Get a Clue quilt is finished. I had bought a layer cake years ago of the fabric and tried to find a pattern that would work well as I did not want to cut up the the prints. I ended up modifying the Briar Rose pattern by England Street quilts.  I had some leftover squares so I pieced a nine patch on the back.




I asked the quilter Tammy Spencer if she could put in a magnifying glass, and question mark in the design.  She did a fabulous job at incorporating them into the quilt.





I read all of the Nancy Drew books as a kid and played a lot of the video games with my children. This quilt will be a keepsake for me.





Linking to Can I Get A Whoop, Whoop and TGIFF.


5 comments:

KatieQ said...

The quilt is perfect for the Nancy Drew layer cake. I bought one when they were first released to make a quilt for my daughter. My mother discovered Nancy Drew through reading my daughter's books when she was living with us in her 80s. She and my daughter used to discuss the stories. Unfortunately, I never found a pattern that would keep the squares intact. It never occured to me to replace a patchwork center with a layer cake square. My daughter is an adult now so, she is not a candidate for the quilt. I still have the layer cake. It would probably make a little girl who needs a quilt happy.

Louise said...

Oh, how fun! Those big blocks are perfectly framed by the negative space of the Xs. Congrats on a super finish :)

Cheryll said...

I LoVe this idea... will file it away for later...THanKs.
Stay safe...xox

Kaisievic said...

Oh, I love the name of the quilt - I, too, read all of the Nancy Drew books as a kid. Great finish, my dear.

Karen's Korner said...

Congratulations on a great finish.