Pages

Friday, September 20, 2019

Get A Clue


I have been working on my Nancy Drew quilt for a while now. I attempted earlier this year to lay it out on my floor as I was sewing it. I should have had a "clue" that this was not a good idea as I have three cats. This is the result.






I then put it on my design wall and it worked much better.

 


 I now have all the squares sewn together and I am trying to decide what I would like to use as the border.




Linking to Can I Get A Whoop, Whoop.

5 comments:

chrisknits said...

What wonderful bright fabrics! I have two dogs, they are not quite as inquisitive as cats, but think anything on the floor is fair game.

KatieQ said...

What a great way to preserve the wonderful prints in the layer cake. I have a Nancy Drew layer cake tucked away and have avoided using it because I can't bear to cut it. The alternate blocks really help to highlight Nancy and her clues.

Susie H said...

Fabulous quilt! I love the layout, looks really nice!!!

Anthea said...

Hi there, I'm just popping in from the list on Wendy's blog for FNSI...
Wow, what a great quilt you've got there... love that pattern & yes a design wall really helps. Good luck choosing a border fabric, don't rush your decision, you don't want to regret it after your wonderful work so far!
Anthea x

Maria said...

Your quilt top looks fantastic...