Pages

Friday, April 28, 2017

My Place In Canada - Youth Canada Quilt Challenge





My daughter has entered the Youth Quilt Challenge for Quilt Canada 2017. The challenge was My Place In Canada. She went a different way with the challenge. She made a Dresden Plate quilt to represent herself as the daughter of a quilter. The Dresden Plate was the first block that I had made, and I was touched that she chose to create it in her style. The first Prime Minister of Canada, Sir John A. Macdonald was chosen for one of the petals as he is from the area we live in. I am excited to go to Quilt Canada in June and see her quilt as well as the other youth quilts. You can vote for the quilts. If you wish to vote for hers it is #44. Click here for the voting and to see the other quilts.

Linking to TGIFF, Can I Get A Whoop, Whoop and Finish It up Friday.

2 comments:

Ariane said...

Such a beautiful quilt!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Hurray for your daughter, and for you, passing on your skills to the next generation. I hope she wins!
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches