Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

Pink Log Cabin Love



I started making this Log Cabin Quilt approximately 16 years ago. It was a Quilt in a Day pattern and I attended a workshop for it at a quilt store. Obviously, for me it wasn't a quilt in a day! It was originally meant to be a lap size with 12 blocks. I put most of it together but did not like it. The 12 blocks did not have a lot of patterns so it got set aside for many years. I would take it out every so often, look at it, think about giving it to another quilter and then would put it away again, until last week when I saw a gorgeous pink log cabin quilt on Mary's blog. It made me take out my quilt and look at it all over again. I realized that I had enough fabric left that I could make another four blocks which would give me much more choices in terms of settings. I made four more blocks and voila here is a new quilt.



I chose the Barn Raising setting. I love this quilt so much now and can't believe I had thought about giving it away. I have started sewing the rows together and I am excited to see it all together. This is what I love about quilting. It continues to surprise me, excite me and inspire me even after all these years!


Linking to Monday Making.

1 comment:

Ariane said...

It's so great that you took it out and started putting it together again. It's quite amazing how an old pattern can come alive again for us. It's wonderful!