Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Snowballs & Nine-Patches


Nine Patch and Snowballs



It feels as though life as come full circle. Years ago, I babysat for a woman who was taking a beginner's quilting class. She had to make many snowball blocks. It was my first experience with quilting, and I ended up starting it a few years later, and never looked back. (Okay maybe once or twice when a quilt wasn't working out.  A few years ago I was in a nine patch quilt along. I got quite a few done, but then got tired of doing them and stopped. I pulled them out again this year, when I saw that Terry was making a nine patch and snowball quilt along. Determined to try again I pulled out the blocks and started making snowballs. There's still lots of snow here for me to make them! I really like them, and have the motivation to start again. The quilting world is such a wonderful world for help and support.




 2015 Sew-Along
  











4 comments:

Susan J Barker said...

I have noticed that the Modern Quilters are bringing back those classic old designs and they are looking great in the bright colours and whites that are so popular! They all look great together!

Barb said...

Oh....I love this

Terry said...

I love your blocks. They're going to make a great quilt! :0)

Ariane said...

This is going to make such a cute quilt!! You have a nice start.