Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Hello/Goodbye

This is the time of year that I love and hate. It is the end of school, time to be with my children but also time to say goodbye to some good friends and teachers. I took some time this weekend to sort out some hello and goodbye projects. My LQS were having a Shop Hop, so I went to a couple of them and picked up what I needed. I am getting much better at buying only what I need, which is better for me, but maybe not as much fun!



This is a hello project for a baby to be born in September.







 This is a goodbye/thank you pillowcase for a wonderful teacher.







This will become a boxy bag for a good friend who is leaving for hopefully greener pastures.


The goodbyes are always hard to say but I always finding that creating helps me through the process. It is also always fun to have new projects to think about rather than those UFOs hanging around!

4 comments:

Janet M said...

I hope you will show us the finished projects. The fabric choices are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Lee D said...

You have us intrigued with your purchases and projects in mind.

Ariane said...

Love your fabric purchases!! These will make great gifts!!

CitricSugar said...

So true that the making helps!

I'm helping at the school I sub at most often during exams but then I have no idea how I'm going to deal with going the summer sans students...