Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Triangulation

Chopsticks

My Chopsticks top is sewed, the sides have been cut and it is ready to go to the quilter's. I have been practicing my FMQ but we still are not getting along. I am still trying to convince my DH that, that would be a great thing for him to do. I decided to leave off border, because the quilt felt finished. The original pattern does not have borders either. I also tested it out on my dh (he's good for a lot of things) and it is a good lap size for him. I am linking up with Can I Get A Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and to the Virtual Sewing Room at Amylouwho.

10 comments:

Ariane said...

It looks wonderful!! You are on a roll!! You've finished so many quilt tops!! You are doing great!!! I need to get back on the bandwagon and finish some projects!! Do you still want to go to the fibre arts show tomorrow?

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love this layout - it's really eye catching!

Unknown said...

oh ya, no need for borders. it's perfect as is!

CitricSugar said...

Lol - you'd think more men would gravitate towards free-motion quilting when it involves putting pedal to metal, punching holes at a fast pace and working without directions…. (Terrible stereotyping! Bad Carly!)

It's just gorgeous. Good call on the borders.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

It's a really nice finish. How did you find the pattern? I have it and I need to make it. Any pointers, or is it pretty straightforward?

Can't wait to see the finished quilt. You are right - it doesn't need a border.

Sue Daurio said...

what a great quilt! love the fabrics and agree completely, skip the borders.

M-R Charbonneau said...

It looks great! Love those colours!

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, I love this pattern, and your choice of colors is perfect! Whoop whoop!!

Kim Brackett said...

Love the colors in this. And I like the idea of talking DH into doing the quilting. Gotta try that myself. :-)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

it looks great!! ...and i love your comments on skipping the borders. ;-)