Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DQS12



A while ago, I joined up to something that I have heard much about and seen beautiful swaps. I joined the Doll Quilt Swap 12. I have not talked about it yet, because I have been learning the ins and outs about it. It is a huge swap and very well organized. For this round of the swap, our quilt has to include one of five blocks :

1.churn dash/shoofly
2.log cabin
3.drunkards path
4. N.Y. beauty
5.flying geese

As well, if we use a background fabric, it cannot be white or any variation of white. Our secret partner also has put in some requests of what she/he likes.  I have had many ideas based on these parameters. I have spent some time in EQ6 working things out. Here is what I have so far.







My very first New York Beauty. I found a tutorial about this, as well as a New York Beauty Quilt Along at My Go-Go Life.


I am linking to WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network.

Don't forget to enter my 3rd Blogiversary giveaway!

5 comments:

Regina said...

You are not only busy and productive, but also courageous to enter swaps and make complicated blocks. Stitch on!

Dolores said...

I love the colours you're using. How big/little is the doll quilt supposed to be?

Lesly said...

A great New York Beauty! Your partner will be thrilled!

elle said...

oooh! sew these will be small! Nice block.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Great job with your NYB block! The colours work beautifully together. I've been too chicken to try a NYB, but there are so many gorgeous ones out there lately that I think I'll just have to get over it and just do it!