Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My very own quilting hive

Well, I had an unexpected weekend. I did not realize it but I have my very own quilting hive. On Saturday, I was working on a quilt that I need to have done in one week if I want it to go to the quilter's. My daughter came in and decided she wanted to quilt. We have tried to do this a couple of times before. She loves scraps which is great, but we also have trouble getting them into blocks. This time I had some extra charm squares lying around so we decided to make a doll quilt together.  She sewed the top all by herself and chose where each square was going to go. At the end of the day she had completed her 1st quilt. She was so proud of herself, and decided that all her stuffed animals could share the quilt.


Well, on Sunday this called my son to action. We had started a Halloween quilt for him last October. He had picked out a panel he really liked. I think at the time I must have had a brain freeze because I was trying to think of all these complicated blocks to go around it. In the end we decided on a simple border. He got the 1st border put on, on Sunday and has decided that he would like a second border put on, put with a different fabric for each side. I think it will look fabulous. Their ideas are always so great. Sometimes I just think too hard!



Yesterday, my son lost his first tooth. It was such a big day for him. It had been loose for a while which should have given me time to be prepared for the tooth fairy story and questions, but I wasn't. He put some questions he wanted answered under his pillow and when he woke up this morning, he saw the tooth fairy had answered them.

I think I am going to get my hive to help me finish up the quilt I need done for Saturday and my jelly roll sampler block I have yet to do.

I hope you have "bee"n busy quilting!

3 comments:

PatchworkQuilting said...

I envy you... my children grew up watching their mom as a quilt professional, in and out of my patchwork quilting studio, and they don't pick up a needle, let alone quilt!

Enjoy such a wonderful experience of sharing it with each of them!
~MaggieB
http://www.patchworkquilting.net/

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I love it when they want to share our hobby. Both quilts are wonderful!!!

Angela Nash said...

How fun! They're going to need their own machines soon!