Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Keeping it simple

I must say the OPAM and the PHD Challenge have been very helpful to me. I have 1 phd finished so far, and more of them organized to start sewing. For February, I am trying to keep it simple.

  1. Make blocks for guild swap
  2.  Make potholders for swap
  3. Complete siggy swap
  4. Finish another phd






I think I finally figured out my colour blocks quilt. I have been really enjoying the blocks of colour sashed in white that I have seen on other blogs. With my keep it simple theme, I think I am going to that with them. For the backing/fronting I am going to use my blocks from my rainbow block swap. I have never done a 2-sided quilt before and I think it is going to be neat. Luckily, I chose orange and brown as the colours I swapped so I have extra blocks I can put in. I also have some aqua/teal left over from the red/aqua swap so it will be quick to make an extra block at the top.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

those look great! I want to make those too, but don't have enough selection in my stash/scraps to make them.

See? you're bees are doing just fine!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

That looks great, I have not touched mine yet! love this idea!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love the idea of putting 4 blocks together with sashing! I haven't touched my blocks yet either. :-o

Erika Mulvenna said...

I love your theme of keeping it simple. The color blocks look great!

Myra said...

Hi Michelle!
I've marked your one PhD as done on my sidebar... Good for you!!! 8-)
Your blocks her are wonderful! I like them!
Happy stitchings! 8-)

Unknown said...

Very very pretty.. I just love these sq blocks.. Great idea to keep it simple.. that is how life should really be...
M

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i love the way your color block quilt is coming together!