Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Trying Something New!



Well, I got my rainbow blocks done for the swap. Now, I am back to the quilt that has been trying me crazy. It should be easy, and it is and it is not. I think that part of the problem is that the quilt is for me, so I set it aside to work on others. While, it is getting done now, before I work on anything else. Quilt for son, no, bindings for dh and daughter's quilt - no! All this quilt needs is borders.

Since I have this bad habit of putting stuff aside for myself, I have decided to try something new. I was reading another blog who was going to do this and I have decided to try it. It is all about the leaders and enders as Bonnie from Quiltville describes them. Rather than using scraps at the beginning and the end she pieces together small blocks and then uses them to make a quilt. The quilts she has made from them are incredible. I am going to try to do this. I took a mystery quilt evening at my LQS in March and loved the pattern. Part of the cost for the evening was that you got a starter kit of fabric. Now normally, I would have never picked any of these colours for myself. They are more subduded than I am use to, but I fell in love with them. I did not know when I would get to it, because I have 2 baby quilts I need to get finished for August and the quilt for my son. I am going to use the small pieces of the quilt for the leaders and enders. I am eager to find out how much I will be able to get accomplished.

2 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Love those blocks!!

Myra said...

Great blocks!

I hear you about the leaders and enders... I use them all the time, but switching to small pieces for another quilt is a good idea... but the would take organization skills... not my strong point! LOL!

Let us all know how it works for you! 8-)

Happy stitchings!