Christmas Through The Year

Christmas Hot Pad

I got my Christmas Through The Year hot pad done on Sunday. I love how it turned out. I used a new to me method of sewing the binding onto the back, then pressing it done in the front and sewing it done with a decorative stitch. I chose the same stitch that I had used for the rest of the quilting and it worked well as it was a flowing stitch rather than a straight stitch. I just had one problem almost right at the end where some of the backing stitch was showing through ; I had not pressed the binding done far enough. It was a tiny section, so I picked it out, redid it and it's done! Now on to the next one! Check out what others have done for Christmas Through The Year!

Comments

CitricSugar said…
That's pretty cool! I never would've thought of using a decorative stitch to secure a binding.

Lovely work!
Cheryl said…
So cute....the decorative stitch is wonderful.
Quilt Hollow said…
I have a friend who loves to do her binding like this...it sure adds to the quilt doesn't it? Congrats on a finish!!
Cheryl said…
I have never done a binding that way. Great hot pad!
Wonderful hot pad...I've never tried to bind that way.
Ariane said…
It looks great!! Nice job!!
Sisbabestitches said…
I would never have thought to quilt and bind with a decorative stitch, it looks so great, clever you.
What a fun idea to use the decorative stitching for the quilting. I need to whip up some of these too. They make such great gifts.
Betty Lou said…
Another Christmas gift finished, Thank you for sharing your binding tip.

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Finish

Wildflower Baskets

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Picnic