Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Well, in the end I did not get any Friday Night Sewing done. I did however get a lot of long weekend sewing done. Monday was Victoria Day, a holiday here in Canada. Friday night ended up being used to clean up my quilting room and organize all of my projects. Saturday I spent playing with some half-square triangles for a Carpenter's Star quilt. I really admire the one that Ariane is making and I like the pattern from Mary. The half-square triangles are from a project that I changed my mind about, but they did not work with the Carpenter's Star either. On to Plan C for them. Sunday, I attached the binding to my Winter Wonderland quilt, now I need to hand stitch it to the back. 








Monday, I worked on my UFO Challenge #9 - the Cherry Quilt. I really love it. It is suppose to be a small lap size quilt, but I feel like it is calling out to me to be bigger. I am thinking of turning it into a double sized quilt. I have been having lots of fun checking out the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day. Check it out, if you haven't already and check out other people posting for WIP Wednesday.



10 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love that cherry fabric line...I have a UFO somewhere using that fabric. I must go look for it!

Unknown said...

the quilt in the photo is so sweet, Michelle, all rainbow-y and everything! yay, i'm a fan of rainbows!

Mitzi said...

What a cute quilt! I love the rainbow look to it. I'm really drawn to the color wheel type quilts lately.

Leanne said...

The cherry quilt is lovely! That carpenter's star pattern looks like a nice one too.

BijouxBaby said...

I love the mix of fabrics and colors!

What is the name of that block? I just posted a mock up with that block as one of the possibilities. I saw it called a criss cross block in one place.

Kerstin said...

The colors looks so fresh and lovely, it will be a very nice quilt!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Hey, a fellow Canadian! I love the colours and layout of your quilt.

Melinda said...

I like how the white makes all the colors pop! Very cute!

make.share.give said...

Love these colors together, especially how they all work so cute with the little pops of red. Very nice job!

Ariane said...

I love these blocks. The colors are just wonderful too. Make it big. You will love it in the end. Hugs Ariane