Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Cup of Love

I got the binding on my husband's quilt done just in time for his birthday. He was happy to receive the quilt and thought perhaps it might be for him. He wanted a smaller size quilt than the one I had already made him, and I was happy to oblige.








I decided to call this A Cup of Love because I snuck in a few coffee themed fabrics from the Bistro and Java line. I used some of the Java charm squares to make it unique for him.



The pattern came from Piecemeal Quilts. I could see myself trying this out in different colourways. Coffee is not my thing, but my dh definitely deserves a cup of love!

4 comments:

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Beautiful quilt -love the colour scheme. I've just finished a wall hanging for my husband and I found it quite a challenge making something for a man. It had to have 'manly' colours and no floral fabrics. I didn't realise how much floral fabric I had until then!

Ariane said...

What a great gift for your husband. I'm sure he loves it. I love the name you gave it. Definitely a cup of love...and more.

Hugs

Ariane

susiloci said...

Que maravilla, es una preciosidad!!!!

Myra said...

Lucky DH!! The quilt is great Michelle! 8-)