Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Well, Jane has gotten me going again. She was the one who started me on swaps, which led me to quilt alongs, which led me to bees. She finished her 9 patch quilt along done with Amanda Jean. It forced me to get mine out which I had started  2 years ago. I have spent a lot of time thinking about what to do with these blocks. Ironically, after seeing Jane's finish hers, I found Vicki who had been in my Bee Beautiful group show her second 9 patch quilt in the Blogger's Quilt Festival. She made hers with 48 squares which made a really nice lap size quilt. I decided I better take the hint and got mine out to look at again.





I really like it now, in the rainbow setting. I am going to add in some more yellow, orange and purple, and it will be sashed in the yellow. I hope to have the top done by the end of summer. Check out what others have made for Design Wall Monday.

5 comments:

Barb said...

I love what is on your design wall!! Jane will do that....shameless (ha!)

Ariane said...

I love this setting. It looks so great. I love the rainbow effect. A few more blocks and you will have all the blocks done. Hugs Ariane

Unknown said...

Yep this is a good one! your colour combo rocks!

Michelle said...

I love your wall too! The colors are great together!

Carrie P. said...

Very pretty too. I like the rainbow look too.
I was wondering if you could answer a question for me.
I am making my first dresden quilt and I was wondering if you cut out the background fabric from behind the plates?
I have not put my blocks together yet but they sure do seem heavy.