Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2011

I am being fashionably late. With Blogger being down last week, I had hoped to get the binding done on a quilt to show you, but I am not quite there yet. Instead I have decided to show you a quilt I made a few years ago that represents the direction I want to move in.




This month is my last month for my Bee group. I have been swapping, quilting along and "Bee"ing constantly for 2 and 1/2 years now, and I am ready for a break. I have also been volunteering on the executive of my guild for the past 3 years. Due to changes in my life I will not be able to volunteer on the executive for next year. That left me at a crossroads of what I wanted to do next with my time and quilting. Remembering this quilt, made me thing of how much joy I have making baby and children's quilts. This is a pattern I made on my own for a friend's granddaughter. It was a lot of fun to make, but worrisome as well, because I wanted it to be perfect for her.I have decided that I would like to my some quilt tops for children that can be donated to my guild. Right now I make blocks for them, but I would love to be able to contribute some tops. For me, it is a win win situation. I get to use my stash, try out lots of quilting blocks I have wanted to make, and maybe even learn to machine quilt better. Hopefully too, I will get to design some of my own quilts.One of the things I love most about quilting is how much joy it gives back to you and to me this quilt is a reminder of that.


Please check out the other quilts in the Bloggers' Quilt Festival. There are so many talented quilters. I know that I am going to have a lot of "quilt eye candy" for weeks to come. Thank you to Amy for putting this all together.

11 comments:

Eileen said...

lovely quilt and how fun it's your pattern. thanks for sharing and have a great day

Janet said...

A joyful and pretty quilt. What generous plans you have for your future quilting endeavours.

Barb said...

Oh...I just love this quilt.

Unknown said...

Just lovely Michelle! It sounds like it's time for a new direction. Can't wait to see where it leads you.

Manda said...

Thats a lovely design :)

Ariane said...

This quilt is wonderful. I have a baby quilt I want to donate too. Once I'm done my bees I intend to make some donation quilts too. Thanks for sharing with us. Hugs Ariane

stitchinpenny said...

Great quilt. Good luck on your new path and I hope it is rewarding.

Karen said...

Sometimes we do have to step back and think about what we really want to do. Your quilt is lovely and I hope you get to make plenty more in the way that you enjoy best!

JudyCinNC said...

Lovely quilt - very happy looking. Judy C sends happiness along your journey.

Myra said...

A wonderful quilt Michelle! Love it! 8-)

BijouxBaby said...

I did write a pattern for the Christmas tree quilt. A local shop is selling it for me and I'm trying to figure out this whole internet marketing thing. I'd gladly sell you a copy. It's a fun little quilt. You've already got a honey bun, so that cuts down on the work. you just need a bit of extra yardage for the background.