Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Motherhood

I don't get to watch Oprah very often but I did watch parts of it yesterday. It was all about motherhood. I have to agree with a lot of things that the mothers said. I don't want to admit when I need help and and I do worry what the other mothers will think. I meant an acquittance on the weekend and we were talking about Easter plans. I mentioned that we were visting family who live 3 hours away. She asked me how the kids were in the car and I said good. This part is true. Ever since my children have been born we have always lived a few hours away from some family. They are use to the drive. The part I omitted is that last summer we bought DVD players for the van for the 5 hour drive to grandma's cottage. We have since used it as well for the 3 hour drive as well. Why did I not mention this part? I thought it would make me look bad. 3 hours in the car gives me the chance to work on/finish craft projects or read a book I need to know about for my job working in a library. It is however hours that I lose with my children. Sometimes I feel like the guilt will never end. Why do we to this to ourselves? Okay, why do I do this to myself? So, for all the mothers out there whether it be of children or animals I want to say you are wonderful the way you are!

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

I saw that Oprah too. I had to laugh at some of the things. Things I have done as well. Sigh. Motherhood can be joyous but hard sometimes too. I'm struggling with my 21 year old and to hear her talk she has the worst mom in the world. It is hard to love them just the way they are when they make horrible choices. It is a challenge for me to live with knowing how she has turned out? Hard to admit.