Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WIP Wednesday


 A Study in Purple Blocks



I have the first two columns done for my A Study in Purple quilt. It has been a nice change of pace for me. Usually, I get an idea for a quilt, start it, then have to go back to whatever else I am working on. This time I have stuck with this quilt and I am amazed at how much progress is made when only working on one project. I have eight blocks to go, sew them up and then the quilt top will be done!  Check out what others are working on at The Needle and Thread Network and Freshly Pieced.


4 comments:

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Purple is my favorite color! The blocks are beautiful, can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Glinda ♥ said...

I don't use purple that much but love it when I do and your quilt beautifully shows off the different fabric choices ... very nice indeed :)

Kitchener Quilter said...

I agree, all those purples are beautiful. You've nailed the light / dark contrast, which makes it all the more outstanding. Keep going, I say, you're really getting somewhere with this one.

Anonymous said...

I like purple and I like how there is a great contrast between the blocks. Very rewarding to see it through in one go.