Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

When life gives you lemons make quilts!


The flooding and the devastation in Calgary has been horrific. Looking at the photos has been difficult to do and knowing fellow quilters who live in the area has been hard. I lived in Calgary for a while, when I was attending school and I found it to be such a beautiful city. I really enjoyed my short time there. They have been looking for quilt top donations and I remembered these blocks that I had tucked away.






These blocks got me started on blogging over 4 years ago. I had been lurking online for about 6 months and kept seeing all the wonderful swapping that had been going on. I decided to start blogging so I could join this rainbow swap. Blogging and the online quilting community have given me so much and it seems right to pass it on.


I am losing another special friend who is going on to another position in my organization. She is an amazing woman and there are so few people who are like her. She is someone that I strife to be. I am so thankful to have quilting to help get me through the stress of losing people that  you you will see again but will never be the same. Quilting also allows me the opportunity to express my thanks and appreciation for everything she has done for me. For me, when life gives me lemons I make quilts!

If you are interested in sending  a quilt top or quilt, the information is available on Lee's blog. As well, if you are interested in sending a block, slab blocks are being made. The information is available at Dining Room Empire. I think I will make some of these with my children.





No comments: