Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Quilting Retreat Wrapup

My quilting retreat turned out very well this weekend. I also had a few other things on my to do list and those were done too. It is amazing how much you can get done without kids around (though I missed them so much) and now having kids, I am much more efficient with my time. I finished my Spring Blooms Mini-Quilt Swap, did some work on my 9 patch quilt along, worked on my Dad's bento box quilt and got my zigzap quilt top half finished. I also cleaned my quilting room and rearranged some of it. Saturday I did the shop hop. I also cleaned out my children's rooms, went through all of their summer clothes, put away winter clothes and took 4 huge garbage bags of clothes and toys to charity. I had dinners out with my dh and we went to a movie Saturday night. I also got to go swimming, one of my favourite activities.


My dh did see the bags I brought in to the shop hop. While, he is not concerned about the cost he is worried about the toll it takes on me to have so many projects on the go. I have to admit he is right. I am still trying to balance, or should I say juggle all the different aspects of my life. It is not always easy but it is worth it.

How do you balance your quilting with the other parts of your life?


1 comment:

Myra said...

First I must say, great haul from the shop hop Michelle!! Woohoo! 8-)

Now for this post, I am tired just reading about all that you've accomplished!! Wow! I work at one pace, s-l-o-w... lol!

Wonderful that you had a great time at your retreat! 8-)