Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Spring Blooms Mini-Quilt Swap Finale




I got my mini-quilt on Friday. It is absolutely stunning. My picture does not do it justice. Kelly did such an amazing job. She is so incredibly talented. I feel like it was tailor-made for me, even though I gave her nothing to go on. I love how the flowers were done. I will need to learn the technique. Multiple layers of cut out flowers were put together and then held by a button. I love buttons!

My Spring Blossom partner Mary got her quilt on Wednesday. I am so happy she likes it. There is another sign up started for Summer. I am trying not to sign up, even though I have a few good ideas for a quilt. I would rather live vicariously through you! I have two baby quilts to finish by August, a pincushion swap, the Halloween swap and my Dad's quilt to have ready for September. I am trying to remind myself of all of this so I don't enter the swap. I would however recommend it for you. It has been a great experience. The quilts produced for the swap have been incredible. Here is the flickr group if you want to have a look at them.



4 comments:

Myra said...

What a great mini-quilt you've received!!! Awesome, and I love the quilting she did in the boarders! 8-)

Betweens said...

Great mini Michelle!! it is great when there is a quilters intuition to the receiver...

jaybird said...

ohhh 3d flowers... sounds like lots of fun... when you learn how to make them be sure to share!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Mini quilts are so fun. I love this one.