Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sunday Stash - Northern Lights



After I finished the quilt for my niece, I knew it was also time to make one for my other niece ; her sister. She had not been at the family gatherings in a while so I was thrilled to see her in the Summer and got to ask her what colours she liked. She told me that she liked green, but now she liked blue and purple better. As soon as she said this I instantly knew what quilt I was going to make her - Northern Lights by Jaybird Quilts. I have made this quilt once before for my son's Scout Leader and I have always wanted to make it again using the colours on the pattern- blue, green and purple but I was never quite sure who to make it for.







I got lucky because this week Sew Sisters has a sale on their Kona Cottons, and I had a gift certificate from there from my Mother-In-Law. They had all of the colours but one for the quilt, so I selected something else. It was shipped so quickly that I already have it, and can't wait to work on it. If I can be patient I may bring it for my retreat next month, but I have to say it is hard to resist new fabric.

1 comment:

Lorna McMahon said...

What a gorgeous rainbow of colour! This is going to be such a beautiful quilt, Michelle. Your niece will be blown away!