Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Spring in July












Well, my Spring Meadow quilt is finally done and I love it. The fabric is Simplicity by 3 Sisters for Moda, but unfortunately there was nothing simple about this quilt. If you want to read the long drawn out story, click here. Tammy did amazing work on the quilting. Speaking of Spring, Kelly my amazing swap partner for the Spring Blooms Mini-Quilt Swap gave me the link for the tutorial she used for the flowers.

It is only really been in the past year that I have been making quilts for myself and my family. Before that they went to everyone else. Last night was so much fun. I got into bed with my kids and we each put our quilt over ourselves rather than the duvet. Even the teddy bear who was sick got a quilt. There was a great deal of personal satisfaction from us all of us being together with our quilts.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Spring is my favorite season so Spring in July is a very good thing. It's a beautiful quilt - thank you for sharing.

Angela Nash said...

Very pretty! Well done!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

you always have to stop and make things for yourself sometimes! its well worth it... i have a simplicity top done and need to quilt it... thanks for reminding me... and i read your story of this not so simple quilt... sometimes they end up being the best ones!! nice job not giving up!

Myra said...

Quilt looks great! 8-)

Ariane said...

I love your quilt. The fabric you chose is beautiful. The quilting is amazing. I might have to get some of my quilts, quilted for me. That would be such a relief. I love it!!!!