Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!






Happy 142th Birthday Canada! The True North Strong and Free! I absolutely love my country and would not want to live anywhere else. For some great articles about Canada, check out the yarn harlot's blog.


On a quilting note, I am usually a person who likes a lot of colour in her quilts. I have only recently learned to appreciate white. I saw this quilt in McCall's Quick Quilts magazine January 2009 and knew I wanted to make it. Yes, I have all the fabric and it will become my Canada Day quilt. I am going to choose a different fabric for the border.



To all my fellow Canadians, wherever you may be in the world, I wish you a wonderful Happy Canada Day!

3 comments:

Angela Nash said...

That will be a very pretty quilt!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i have that magazine and don't remember that one.. i'm gonna have to go back and check it out!

Deb said...

Michelle.. as soon as I saw this quilt I kept thinking of the song star of wonder star of bright star of royal beauti bright.. I know it is Christmas but it is just gorgeous what a way to celebrate Canada Day..Can't wait to see your version