Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Time to Show a Quilt


I spend so much time talking and organzing and working on my quilting I thought I would show you an end product. Here is a quilt I made last winter for a family member and good friend. It is the disappearing 9 patch. She is also a quilter. We went last spring to the Creativ festival together. This was a quilt kit. She had never bought a kit before so when she wasn't around I bought it for her. I brought it home at first thinking that I would make it for her and then deciding that since she had never bought a kit I would give her the kit for Christmas for her to make. It was my dh who decided that I should make it for her and I am glad I did. It is such an easy pattern and I loved the fabrics. It was a colour palette that I had never used before. I had someone quilt it for me. She was very happy to receive it at Christmas. We do not get to see each other as much as we wish but she is often in my thoughts. She has just retired and I hope she is enjoying every minute of it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful color palette! I've not bought a kit either . . . glad she loves it, and that you have each other :)

Myra said...

I've never bought a kit either! Love the colors/fabrics! Wonderful! 8-)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh that is so funny, the next quilt I am going to start is that pattern, I love it, the colors are just beuatiful! I am sure she loves it!

Nanette Merrill said...

I've never made one of these disappearing quilts but they look like fast fun! Love the color.