Pages

Friday, November 17, 2017

Off to The Quilter's They Go

My daughter and I got quilts done in the nick of done to be sent off to the quilter's for quilting for Christmas.





My daughter got her quilt done super fast. It took her one month to have it completed. The background fabric was bought at at our guild meeting in October. All of the fabric was from her collection. I am constantly amazed at how good she is at picking out fabrics for quilts. I was not that good when I first started.




My quilt I started three years ago. I got the piecing completed but then it sat for a long while as I decided I wanted a border on it. I took it to my LQS a couple of weeks ago and my children helped me picked out a border for it. It is hard to tell in the photo but there are leaves and red holly berries in the border. I am so happy that I am going to have this quilt done for Christmas. I told my husband that I only thing I want is to get it quilted.  I am thinking of coming up with patterns to do a red and green quilt for each season.

I have found a lot of joy in getting to share quilting with my family and I am so happy they enjoy it as well.

Linking to Finish It Up Friday, and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop.

4 comments:

Louise said...

It's so great that you quilt with your daughter! I wish my Mom quilted. However, one of her best friends from high school quilts, and that's almost as good. Donna's daughters don't quilt so we act as surrogate quilting mother and daughter :)

I can't wait to see both of these tops back from the quilters as finished pieces!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your daughter's quilt is sweet. Your quilt is stunning!! I think it looks like Christmas Cactus. Can't WAIT to see how it is quilted!

Suze said...

Your daughter's quilt is amazing for a beginner. Your quilt is stunning. You had some great help picking out your border. That would be interesting to have a red/green quilt for each season. That would be quite a challenge. Congrats to each of you for great accomplishments in the nick of time.

Sandy Panagos said...

How special that your daughter is quilting with you. Won't that be fun for her when she gets it back from the quilter?! Your quilt is beautiful. It does look like a Christmas cactus, doesn't it?