Pages

Friday, November 3, 2017

Snowmen Stars




This quilt top is finally finished and I am so happy. I worked on it and got it finished two weeks ago when I went on a quilt retreat for the weekend. It was definitely a labour of love and overthinking. The pattern is True Blue by Minick and Simpson. It is hard to tell in the photo but the fabrics are snowmen and snowflakes. This was a kit that I had bought a few years ago on vacation. I had originally bought it for the fabric as I was working on a snowmen embroidery. At first I was going to make only a few of the stars and put the embroidery in between so rather than cutting everything out I only cut out a bit at a time. I ended up not liking how it was looking. On last year's retreat I had laid out the stars I had and realized I really liked it. The original pattern had a darker gold colour for the stars.  This year's retreat was finishing up the flying geese and putting on the borders. I have a love/hate relationship with flying geese but I think I would like to try them again.

Linking to Finish It Up Friday , Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop.

8 comments:

Alison V. said...

This is absolutely beautiful! :D

Quilter Kathy said...

Well done! It's really beautiful!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Beautiful! The blue and white is so classic and those stars shine out!

Louise said...

Gorgeous quilt! Blue and white is so perfect for winter, and can be used well past Christmas. So crisp and clean :)

Barb said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE It!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW nice to make good progress while on retreat!! You can't go wrong with a blue and white quilt. LOVE it!!

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful quilt, You just can't help but love blue and white. I have a similar relationship with flying geese, lol.

Suze said...

I just saw the picture of your snowmen star/flying geese quilt in the sidebar and had to take a look at it. It is beautiful and I would have no idea that you have a love/hate relationship with flying geese. It sure looks to be as if you have conquered them for sure. You certainly need to give a quilt a go that features them again. You are awesome with them in this quilt. Great job! Sorry that I didn't see and comment on this years ago. Susan