Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Sock it to Me!

The end of the school year is always so jammed packed and no matter how much I know that, it always seems like a stressful time. I woke up quite early this morning and decided it was time to get my socks finally done and off my UFO list.

Socks



I am very happy that they are recognizably socks. The pattern was a good one, but at the beginning it told you how to measure your foot and add more stitches if you needed it. I did need some extra stitches but there was not a clear explanation of how to divide them amongst the needles, especially when changing from the various parts of the sock. I have knit quite a few things before, so I felt okay doing it and besides they're for me. I must say, even though I have knit hats and scarfs and mitts, it was a weird but great feeling to have something on my feet that I made.  I am linking up to TGIFF being hosted this week at Dreaming in Patchwork.




8 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

Yay you linked up! Those socks look so comfy and fun! Great post title too. :)

CitricSugar said...

You finished them! They look great! I just cast on a new pair and have changed the needles three times... I was too impatient to wait for the knitting store to open to grab the right six and grabbed a crappy pair at Michael's. Lesson learned..

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Yaay, Michelle, they're great looking socks! Congratulations on crossing off a UFO!

carol fun said...

Great looking socks! I had a pair with that same yarn but one of them has vanished. Hopefully the lost one will find its way home some day.

Ariane said...

Wow! They look so great!! I wish I could knit.

Barb said...

Your socks are awesome...

Allison said...

those socks look heavenly to wear! thaks for linking up to TGIFF! have a great weekend :)

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

I love knitted socks- oh soooo cute- you did a wonderful job. Planning to knit is on my list when I retire then I can sit around wearing my knit socks quilting :)