Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Storm the Castle


 Storm the Castle


Last week, I unexpectedly, or perhaps I should say expectedly spent  a lot of time working on a quilt with my nephew over his March Break. It was fun to explain quilting lingo, techniques and to show him fabric as well as pick out a pattern. We decided on a pattern from Crazy Mom Quilts called Fair and Square, which was a good beginner one for him to start with. He sewed the green pieces to each of the blocks and then I sewed the rows together. I changed up the pattern due to the amount of background green fabric I had. I got it finished into a top on Sunday morning half an hour before he had to leave. He is anxious for it to become a quilt. He was also quite impressed that I have my own "website." I had posted some progress photos last week and he wanted to know all of the comments.  I am linking to Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts and TGIFF.

6 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

That's awesome that you got to spend that time with him and introduce him to quilting. What a great first quilt for him!

mascanlon said...

What a wonderful job you both did. And how special this quilt will be for him.

sewfunquilts said...

What fun you both had.....and he will treasure it forever. You didn't mention how old he was.

Finding Fifth said...

It looks great with the green background. I love that 'Castle Peeps' fabric. well done to your nephew. My 8 year old son is keen to learn but I am not sure where to start. You have inspired me.

Sara said...

The green is very calming---looks like a real fun quilt!

Michelle said...

I love the green!