Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Christmas in July

I got so excited yesterday about my charm squares quilt that with all those good vibes I ended up re-organizing my quilting room. I cleared out a bunch of stuff and made room for more important things, like fabric.




Another fabric grouping I have had for some time is Have a Very Sheri Berry Christmas. Alright it is been a year too. I got it last year when we went to a quilt show for my birthday. My daughter told me that she just had to have it. When I told her that a few days okay, she did not remember it at all. She is really focused on the Halloween quilt that is going to be hers. The fat quarter bundle I got did not have any of the "novelty" ( I not sure if that is the right word) fabrics. When I went to buy a backing I ended up buying some of the extra fabrics.





I was not as wish-washy with this quilt. I knew I want stars. I did find a couple of patterns I like but I decided I wanted the stars to be different. Other projects got started and I set this one aside. Then along comes Bradie. She was having a Summer Star Sampler Quilt Along. When I looked at the fabric she had used in her tutorials I realized it was a bit similar to my colours. They are quite bright and bold and had been nervous about putting them together. I purposely had not given myself any projects this summer other than my bees and it was nice to be realize I had the time to do this. I have the first 4 squares done.


 Blocks #1 and 2





Blocks #3 and 4


I love how this is turning out. I might keep this quilt for me and not give it to my daughter. We'll see. I love having my children as my muses. They keep my imagination going.

11 comments:

Lee D said...

great start to what will be a fantastic quilt...keep it!

Darlene said...

Be still my heart - Michelle, it's going to be fabulous. I love your start. Keep it! LOL

Em said...

WOW! love the patterns for the fabrics. The bottom photo with the fussy cut middle block is beyond sweet! I'd want to keep it too!!!!

allsewnup said...

It's going to gorgeous.

Carolyn

Barb said...

You are right, it is turning out really nice.

Mirka said...

love it !!!It is great Idea !!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these blocks!!! So glad to have you in the quilt along. Hope to see your blocks in the flickr pool! :)
Bradie

Michelle said...

WOW! Those blocks look great!

Unknown said...

those blocks are really pretty michelle. i agree! they are coming along so well!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I have that line too! and have no idea what to do with it. I love your blocks!!! I just might need to check this out........Hmmmm!! Thanks for sharing!!

Nanette Merrill said...

I simply love that fabric. Love. This is so incredibly darling.