Here was my list:
- Remove wallpaper from my hallway. DONE
- Decorate my dining room.
- Get rid of some toys and books.
- Organize my children's clothing. DONE
- Get a label on my friend's quilt and give it to her.
- Pick a pattern for my sister's quilt. DONE
- Finish my mom's quilt top. DONE
- Finish my zig zag quilt top.
- Put together my guild blocks into a table runner.
- Quilt my tulip table runner.
Okay, so I only got 4 done by the end of May. I love to look back at my earlier posts and see my naive optimism about getting things done. I did get #9 done, on Wednesday making it my 1st finish for June. Some of the other items on my list got partly done. My OPAM for May was my Pinwheel Quilt.
Well, I better have some good excuses for not getting things done, even though I knew my husband was going to be away on business for a week and my family was coming to visit after that.
Here they are:
I have fallen in love with redwork. I love, love, it. I love its simple beauty and the fact that I already know it is not going to be perfect. I have the first done and have almost finished the second one.
We had a heat wave here, so I needed to cool down by working on my winter quilt. I now have the quilt top done and I am thinking about hand quilting it. I really hate machine quilting.
I thought things would be slowing down for me but I have 6 things I have to get done by the end of June including quilting a quilt. I feel like I am doing final papers and getting ready for exams. I will be happy when summer arrives. I have had to sit on my hands a few times from not joining any more swaps. It is so hard not to join things when there is so much inspiration all around.