Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Playing Hooky

I have signed up for a few challenges ; Spring to Finish 2010, and Myra's PHD Challenge. I took a bit of time yesterday to go through my list of what I had to do before the end of May and June and then promptly played hooky.


I took out my Disappearing 9 patch red/aqua swap that I had done with Jane last year. Technically, I guess it is part of the PHD Challenge, since it is a PHD but definitely not a priority. I saw someone who had done the blocks so that the middle looked a bit like a pinwheel. I had made a similar quilt for my nephew years ago when he was a baby. I like the look of it but I find it a bit busy. I think I will use some sashing to separate the blocks.

After playing hooky, I did get Part 1 of my secret project done and organized some sewing I have to do for my guild by Wednesday. We had a challenge this year, and now I have 8 blocks with which to play around with and make something. The finished product(s) will be shown at our dinner meeting on Wednesday.

7 comments:

Terry said...

It always amazes me how great these colors look together! :0)

Myra said...

I love the D9-P pattern! This color combination is one I would never have thought of, but they indeed look great together! Y
ou go girl with those PhDs! I'm cheering for you! 8-)

Lee D said...

that reminds me I have and red & aqua flimsie waiting to be sandwiched.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I see my block!!! Your quilt will turn out great!!

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to make a disappearing 9 patch...better add to my list because yours is just darling.

sewtakeahike said...

love the red and aqua fabrics together Michelle!

Aunt Spicy said...

love aqua and red, what a great quilt! I vote for no sashing!