Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Be Grateful




Yesterday I got in the mail a package I had been eagerly anticipating. I bought the Elizabeth pattern and the 12 coordinating fat quarter surprise package from the Fat Quarter Shop. I have for a long time now wanted to make a Miss Rosie pattern. Unfortunately I just don't have time for Schnibbling once a month. When Nicole showed her Elizabeth pattern and talked about how beautiful it would be in Aster Manor fabrics, I knew it was the one I wanted to make. I love the Aster Manor fabrics and had been trying to figure out what pattern to make with them.




When I saw the fat quarters I was so disappointed.  They were colours that I do no have and did not really like. I was upset with myself for not having bought some of the Aster Manor fabrics from them. I have bits and pieces of the fabrics already, so I wanted to have the pattern to figure out what I needed and then make my shopping list. I decided not to be mad at myself, and put the fat quarters aside. Last night, I was looking through a couple of my pattern books for a particular pattern when I came upon this book.






I  flipped through the book and then saw this quilt.






I absolutely love this quilt and it was one of the reasons I bought the book. I looked closer, and could it be, the pattern requires dark tan fabrics that blend nicely today. Would my newly acquired fabrics work? I went and got them. Yes, they would! I was so excited that I almost danced a jig. Here were fat quarters perfectly coordinated for me to make a quilt I love. How quickly the glass can change from half empty to half full! Sometimes I need a reminder to be grateful!

8 comments:

Terry said...

"Everything always works out in the end. If it doesn't, it isn't the end!"

I can't take credit for that quote...I can only share it because I believe it! :0)

Jocelyn said...

These fabrics will look great with that pattern. Check out Cotton Charm fabrics as she is having a sale and one of the fabric lines is Astor Manor :-)

http://www.cottoncharm.com/servlet/StoreFront

Darlene said...

I'm a firm believe that things happen for a reason - you are meant to make the Anniversary Stars quilt. :-)

I'm really excited that you're going to make Elizabeth - it's truly a beautiful quilt.

Have you given up on me? Don't - things are coming your way soon. Probably Monday or Tuesday :-)

Lisa Marie said...

It will be so beautiful when finished! Funny how things just work out ;)

Mary-Kay said...

I love the Anniversary Stars quilt. I have it in a different book and it's even on the cover. I saw it done at a quilt show and bought the book but have yet to make it. I can't wait to see your's done.

Em said...

I call it...you know...GOdwink!!! Congrats and I look forward to seeing the end result!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Perfect fabrics for the Anniversary quilt! I have that book and want to make that one too... one of these days! ;-) Happy stitchin'!

Jilly said...

oh, what a great quilt that will be!

I had that happen with a bunch of "Flora and Fauna" fabric. It was way brighter than I thought it was going to be, but it worked perfectly with a few other fabrics as the back for a quilt, and now I have plans for the leftovers as well.

Love the little quilts your kids made as well!