Pages

Friday, July 10, 2020

Wisley Gardens





This wall hanging quilt was made as a gift for my husband. The pattern is Wisley Gardens by Sue Beevers. I got it as a quilt kit in November at my LQS and took it with me on a retreat the first week of March before everything shut down. It was a great one to take to the retreat as I had everything cut before hand and then was able to sew and get the top complete. The pattern was well written and made it easy to put together. It was meant to be for my husband's work office. He moved into a new office last year and mentioned that he had a bare wall and did not know what to put up. When I saw this quilt I knew it would be perfect for his space. Now he has been working from home for the past four months and it might become a home office quilt. I am glad that I was able to make something for him. He has always been my biggest supporter of my quilting and everything else I choose to do.

2 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love your modern Wisley Gardens wall-hanging. Seems like perfect colors for a man and his space whether at home or work.

Louise said...

What a super, modern piece! I really love this one. And your square motif quilting is just perfect for the design. How big is it? Does the pattern include several sizes? I'm sure your DH loves it :)