Pages

Friday, July 31, 2020

Dresden Plate Quilt





Well, my namesake quilt was finally finished in May. The Dresden Plate blocks is one of the first blocks I learned to make when I started quilting. It has been 10 years in the making. I belonged to a group called Bee Beautiful in 2010 and when it was my month I chose the Dresden Plate and beautiful Art Gallery fabrics by Patricia Bravo. The group was wonderful and I learned so much each month with all of the different blocks, many which I had never tried before. I am so happy that it is completed. It was quilted by Tammy Spencer.






I had this cute backing which reminded me of Dresden Plates and the binding was bought by my daughter last year as a Mother's Day gift. She knew I was working on a few rainbow quilts and decided to have binding to match. She also got me another one, with reds and darker stripes.








I am so grateful to all the women and my daughter who helped make this quilt a reality.







4 comments:

KatieQ said...

The fabrics really make the blocks stand out. The quilting is wonderful. It gives the quilt
great movement. Of course, the icing on the cake is the rainbow binding. It's a beautiful quilt, all of the elements work well together.

Louise said...

It's so beautiful! Great job specifying those gorgeous fabrics. Isn't it wonderful to get an older piece finally finished? Congrats!

Terry said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I made a dresden plate quilt once, but I gave it away. I must make another one someday.

Susan said...

What a lovely memory quilt for you.