We have had a lot of extremely cold days lately and yesterday we received over 40 cm of snow. Monday was a holiday as well, so it gave me some time to work on a new quilt. I had bought a snow themed quilt kit last summer on sale. I was mostly buying it for the fabrics.
I had completed these a few years ago as well as one other, and never got around to finishing the rest of them. I had been looking for a way to finish them in a quilt.
When I went to my guild meeting this month there was someone there displaying a quilt similar to the pattern I had gotten with the kit except instead of flying geese there was log cabin blocks around the edges and she had a medallion block in the middle.I decided it would be great to have the snowmen blocks in the middle like a medallion and then create the blocks around it.
I have 11 out of the 16 blocks completed, and then need to decide what the next row will be. I may keep the flying geese blocks. A friend at the meeting challenged me to have quite a bit of it done before my next quilting guild meeting and I am hoping to accomplish that.
Linking to WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network.