Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Binding Love




I happily spent Friday Night Sew-In curled up with my quilt, watching a movie with my son and sewing on my binding. This morning I got it out and have been working on it some more. I don't do a lot of hand sewing but I do enjoy putting on the binding. I get to use the quilt while I put on the binding so it feels like opening a gift before Christmas! When the quilt is for someone else, I try to put loving thoughts in it as I bind. This quilt is a gift for my self and the love and happiness are in it too.


Linking to Slow Stitching Sunday.

9 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I totally agree! Hand binding is one of my favorite parts of making a quilt. Love the striped binding!

Kaja said...

Nice stripey binding. Enjoy your stitching.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

A great time for reflection for sure. Love the stripey binding and have fun with those slow stitches!

Sharm said...

Over visiting via FNSI - it sounds like a lovely Friday night!
Hugs sharm

Dawn said...

Its always a good feeling to sew on the binding and farewell that project. Love the colours and especially like the fact that the quilt is for yourself

Cath said...

Always love the hand sewing part of adding a binding. I also love the Picnic quilt in your previous post.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Stripes always make a great binding!

Ariane said...

It looks great!! Your almost done too! That's the best feeling when your getting close to finished.

Quilter Kathy said...

I totally agree! Love your striped binding!