Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Finally Finished Friday - Red/Aqua


Red/Aqua Swap Quilt

My Red/Aqua quilt is finally finished. It was only 4 years in the making. It was a disappearing 9 patch swap that was hosted by Jane's Fabrics and Quilts. I really liked the squares that I got back from the swap, but I was not sure how to put them together. I finally figured that out 2 years ago, and there it sat until this year when I got it quilted by a long-arm quilter.




 Red/Aqua Swap Quilt Back





I pieced the back as I had extra blocks. My son and I both really like this quilt and I am not sure who will end up with it. He has been sleeping with it on his bed every night.


Linking up to Finish it Up Friday, TGIFF and Can I Get A Whoop, Whoop.

8 comments:

Terry said...

It looks fabulous! And by the sounds of it your son has already claimed it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. I love the colour combination. So fun. So bright.

mary truax said...

love the quilt!

Becca said...

I really like this design. A friend of mine said he wants twin-size quilts for the kids. This is exactly the kind of think I'm trying to get him interested in. Thanks for sharing.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh you did it! It looks wonderful. In our home it is a favorite too. I just love what you did with the back.

Michelle said...

That is a nice looking quilt! Great color combination.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Ooh, great colour combination, Michelle! I need to try a disappearing 9 patch -- it looks so fun! Lucky son!

Kat said...

Great colors! Congrats on the finish a long time coming.