Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

When you're not looking

Life is what happens when you are not looking. For some reason, I have had this thought in my head that I am a slow quilter. Three weekends ago, my children went and played with their cousin, and I had a day to sew. I managed to get all of the blocks done for my sister's quilt. Two weekends ago I had a bit more time, and I was able to get them sewn into a quilt top.





Now, I just have to put the borders on it. After all this I realized the only thing lacking in me is time. Most of my PHDs hanging around are for me. The quilts for others I do get done, so I guess I am not doing too badly after all.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Looking good! I really like the colors...very nice!

Ariane said...

Oh it's looking great! I love it!! Only a little more to do and your done the top!!!

Manda said...

I agree life tends to get in the way!Quilt top looks good tho :)

Margaret said...

Time if only we could bottle it and bring it out to use when we want more, great progress on your quilt I am sure it will be a stunner when finished .

Barb said...

What a wonderful quilt! You are doing good...

Unknown said...

it's a lovely quilt Michelle! ya, i guess you just gotta keep plugging away. the work will get done eventually... and then MORE projects will arise!!! :)

Myra said...

Looking good there Michelle! It is amazing how much we can get done when time permits! Send the kids to their cousins more often!!! lol! "wink"...
happy stitchings! 8-)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful quilt top! Wouldn't we all like a little 'more time'